Are cycle paths compulsory?
While cyclists have never been obligated to use cycle lanes, the updated Highway Code simplifies the language around the use of bike lanes. The new code advises cyclists to use cycle lanes and tracks “where they make your journey safer and easier”.
Where can I cycle in Perth?
8 of Perth’s best family bike rides
- Kings Park. With diverse cycling routes, beautiful Kings Park is one of the most popular areas to enjoy a family bike ride during summer.
- Windan Bridge Loop.
- Herdsman Lake.
- Cottesloe Beach.
- Burns Beach.
- Whiteman Park.
- Swan Valley Heritage Cycle Trail.
How do I use Google maps for cycling?
- Go to the Google Maps app search for the area or route you want to look at.
- Click on the Map Type symbol near the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Cycling” under “Map Details”
- This will then show you all the bicycle routes in the area, again separated into four categories:
What is the law regarding cycling on footpaths?
They have no right to cycle on a public footpath. To do so may constitute an act of trespass against the landowner but it is not a criminal offence, unless there are local byelaws or traffic regulation orders in force which prohibit such use.
Do cyclists have right of way over cars?
Under the old code, pedestrians only had right of way at a junction if they were already on the road. Cyclists will also now have priority when cars are turning at a junction. This rule means that cars indicating to turn left or right will have to give way to cyclists coming from behind and going straight on.
Where can I park my bike in Perth?
The Handy Guide to Bike Parking in the Perth CBD
- There are two entrances to this car park, with one entrance on Murray Street, and the other off Elder Street.
- Once you get to the bicycle parking entrance, there are two turnstiles, one for your bicycle, and one which is a pedestrian access.
Is Perth good for cycling?
Perth has a comprehensive network of cycle and dual-use paths in the central city and beyond. Find some of the most popular routes for leisure and mountain cyclists in Perth. Routes are clearly signposted and detailed cycle maps can be obtained from most metropolitan bicycle retailers and visitor centres.