Are the projects in NYC dangerous?
The murder rate is far worse in NYCHA projects than elsewhere. As of Oct. 18, the projects have seen 15.5 homicides per 100,000 people, compared to 4 per 100,000 elsewhere in the city. As of Friday, shooting incidents are up 92% citywide in 2020, the NYPD says.
What are the most dangerous projects in Harlem?
The 22-building Wagner Houses in East Harlem has become a battleground for gangbangers, with a 15% overall crime increase. It was the only NYCHA complex in the Top 5 in each of the four violent-crime categories — murder, rape, robbery and assault — according to a Post analysis of the Compstat data.
Where are the housing projects in NYC?
- Isaacs Houses, Yorkville / East Harlem.
- Amsterdam Houses, Upper West Side.
- Drew-Hamilton Houses, Harlem.
- East River Houses, Spanish Harlem.
- Harborview, Hell’s Kitchen.
- Metro North Plaza, Spanish Harlem.
- Rangel Houses, Harlem.
- Fort Washington Ave. Rehab, Washington Heights.
Is Brooklyn still dangerous?
All things considered, Brooklyn is a very safe place to visit. Brooklyn’s violent crime rate in 2020 was 388.11 incidents per 100,000 people. Out of the 100 largest cities (by population) in the US, Brooklyn was in 75th place. This means that Brooklyn was deemed safer than 74 of the most populous cities in the US.
What is the most dangerous part of New York City?
10 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in NYC
- Hunts Point.
- Mott Haven.
- East Harlem.
What is the biggest projects in New York City?
10 biggest new project filings in NYC
- 259 Clinton Street, Manhattan.
- 202 Tillary Street, Brooklyn.
- 23-02 42nd Road, Queens.
- 278 Eighth Avenue, Manhattan.
- 64 20th Street, Brooklyn.
- 250 East 83rd Street, Manhattan.
- 55-90 48th Street, Queens.
- 504 West 49th Street, Manhattan.