Can stamp duty be paid in India for documents executed outside India?
Can stamp duty be paid in India, for documents executed outside India? Ans. As per section 18 of the Indian Stamp Act, 1899, any instrument executed out of India can be stamped in India, provided it is stamped within 3 months from the date it has been first received in India.
Can Indian stamp paper sent outside India?
The Indian stamp paper is not valid outside India and any signature made on the Indian stamp paper outside India is not recognised as legally valid signature.
When power of attorney is executed outside India it should be attested by?
So, any power of attorney executed outside India should be authenticated by a notary public of that country , the Indian consul, or by a representative of the Central Government. Such documents need to be stamped within three months from the date of receipt in India, to be payable at the district registrar’s office.
What is the stamp duty to be paid in respect of any document executed by any bank or financial institution for issuing a debenture or bond?
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, any local authority raising a loan under the provisions of the Local Authorities Loan Act, 1879, or of any other law for the time being in force, by the issue of bonds, debentures or other securities, shall, in respect of such loan, be chargeable with a duty of 26 [ …
How do I get power of attorney from USA to India?
How to get a power of attorney? Steps for creating a Power of Attorney
- STEP 1: Write the power of attorney on plain paper.
- STEP 3: FOR PROPERTY AND FINANCES.
- STEP 4:FEES Pay the fee at the Consulate.
- STEP 5: Once your power of attorney is attested by the Indian Consulate/Embassy you can send it to India.
How do I file a case from abroad in India?
You need to file it yourself. POA for filling a criminal case not permissible. Your counsel/Advocate (State lawyer if it’s a State case) will represent you before the criminal court once the case is filed. Your physical presence will be required at some stages not all.
How can I sell my property from abroad in India?
The process of selling a property owned by an NRI in India is as follows:
- Hire a brokerage company to conduct a comprehensive valuation of the property and determine its value.
- Carry out all the necessary paperwork related to the sale of the property.
- Understand the tax liabilities.
How do I send power of attorney to India from USA?
How Do I Grant Power of Attorney to Someone in India from the U.S.? To be valid in India, the PoA needs to be attested by the Indian Embassy or any of the Indian consular offices in the U.S. This is possible either by appearing in person or making arrangements through the mail.
Can NRI sell property through power of attorney?
“A Power of Attorney (POA) plays a significant role in the real estate dealings of the Non-Resident Indians (NRIs). As per the Registration Act, 1908, whenever an NRI sells or purchases a house property, both parties must be present physically while registering the transaction.
Is execute agreement necessary on stamp paper?
The answer is a simple ‘NO’. Agreements may be made either in a stamp paper or a non-stamp paper. While making an agreement on a non-stamp paper, there are certain legal aspects that need to be complied with.
On what documents the stamp duty is applied uniformly All India?
Under Entry 91 of the coming together List (I), the central government sets the rates of stamp duties on bills of exchange, bills of lading, cheques, promissory notes, letters of credit, insurance policies, share transfers, debentures, proxies, and receipts-in-brief. The rates are uniform across all States.