How do I change the header border?
Please do as follows.
- Double click the header to enable the editing mode.
- Click Home > Borders > Borders and Shading. See screenshot:
- In the Borders and Shading dialog box, under the Borders tab, select None in the Setting pane, choose Paragraph from the Apply to drop-down list, and then click the OK button.
How do I add a borderline to my header?
To add a border line to the header. (1) Click on “Home” on the toolbar, and then click on the “Borders” icon. (2) Select the layout of borders, you can select the first one “Bottom Border” to add a border line under header.
How do I add a border to the top of the footer in Word?
Open the document, click Insert → Header and Footer. At the footer, click Page Layout → Page Borders. 2. In the pop-up Borders and Shading interface, click the Borders box, select Style, Color, and Width, and apply them to Paragraph.
How do I remove a border from a header in Word?
You remove a border by changing the page border setting to None.
- On the Design tab, choose Page Borders.
- In the Borders and Shading dialog box, in the Apply to list, choose the page (or pages) you want to remove the border from.
- Under Setting, choose None.
- Select OK.
How do I change the header margins in Word?
You can change the header margin too. We do the same thing, we double-click the header area, we press Ctrl+A to select everything inside there. And then we drag that right indent marker about an inch from the edge of the page.
How do I change the header line in Word?
Edit your existing headers and footers
- Double-click the header or footer you want to edit, or select Header or Footer, and then select Edit Header or Edit Footer.
- Add or change text for the header or footer or do any of the following:
- When you’re done, select Close Header and Footer or press Esc.
How do you add a decorative border in Word?
Add a border to a page
- Go to Design > Page Borders.
- Make selections for how you want the border to look.
- To adjust the distance between the border and the edge of the page, select Options. Make your changes and select OK.
- Select OK.
How do you add a decorative border in word?
Why is there a line in my Header in Word?
On the “Home” tab, click on “More Options” button in the “Styles” group. Select “Clear Formatting” in the drop down list. After doing so, you will be able to remove the horizontal line in the header manually. Double click at the header again to stop editing.