How do I check my WD hard drive warranty?
You may find the applicable warranty for your product via the product detail webpage, in your product documentation or by contacting our support team. Browse by Brand/Product Line below to find your specific policy.
Does HDD have warranty?
Most of the hard drive manufacturer offers 2 to 5 years of warranty period. For consumer drives (PC, Laptop, Desktop, External Hard Drives) most of the brands provide 2 years warranty; and for corporate drives like server drives, NAS drives most of the manufacturer offers 3 to 5 years warranty period.
How do I claim my WD hard drive warranty in India?
All you have to do is:
- Go to WD support portal and sign in or register an account if you don’t have one.
- Next, register your product if you haven’t done so when you first purchased it.
- Once your product is registered, go to WD Product Support and under RMA click “create”.
Where is the serial number on my WD hard drive?
Open an elevated command prompt. Type or copy-paste the following command: wmic diskdrive get Name, Manufacturer, Model, InterfaceType, MediaType, SerialNumber . In the output, you’ll see the model, name, and serial number listed for the installed hard drives.
How do I know if my WD hard drive is original?
Check the date of import and mfg date if they show difference of 6 months or more check R/N is same on sticker and pcb. Fake ones have no same r/n numbers. So if you got drive without WD logo don’t say straight away it’s fake as WD uses different prints from different region.
How do I find my HDD serial number?
Find Your Hard Disk’s Serial Number With Command Prompt
- Open the Start menu and search for Command Prompt.
- Launch Command Prompt.
- Inside Command Prompt, type the following command and press Enter: wmic diskdrive get model,serialnumber.
- Command Prompt will return the models and serial numbers of your hard disks.