How do I copy a configuration file to a Cisco switch?
Telnet the first switch, copy the configuration on a simple text file using the show run command and paste it in the text file. Then connect to the new switch using a serial connection, go to the global configuration mode and paste the configuration to it. Alternatively you can use a TFTP server.
How do you save config on HPE switch?
There are three ways to save a new configuration:
- In the CLI: Use the write memory command. This overwrites the current startup-config file with the contents of the current running-config file.
- In the menu interface: Use the Save command.
- In the WebAgent: Click Save.
How do I configure a Cisco Managed switch?
How to configure Cisco switch?
- Initial command prompt “Switch>” appears on the screen.
- Type “enable” next to it and press “Enter”.
- This will take you into the “EXEC” mode, also known as the Global Configuration mode.
- Go into configure mode using configure terminal.
- Enter the configuration commands one per line.
How do I copy TFTP server startup-config?
Log in > Go to enable mode > issue a “copy running-config tftp”* command > Supply the IP address of the TFTP server > Give the backup file a name. Note: You can also use startup-config to copy the config saved in NVRAM rather than the running-config.
How do I paste into a Cisco config?
Paste the configuration file into the router by selecting Edit > Paste to Host on the HyperTerminal menu. After the configuration has finished pasting, and the router brings you back to the configuration prompt, issue the copy running-config startup-config command. This writes the configuration into memory.
How do I copy a configuration file from HP switch?
To copy a configuration file from a USB device to the switch:
- Insert a USB device into the switch’s USB port.
- Execute the following command: HP Switch# copy usb startup-config HP Switch-config.
- At the prompt, press [Enter] to reboot the switch and implement the newly downloaded software.
How do you save a configuration on a Cisco router?
Save running config on Cisco device Use the command copy running-config startup-config (copy run start) to overwrite the current startup config file with what is currently in the running configuration file.
How do I save a Cisco running config?
How do I copy a configuration file from a TFTP server to a Cisco switch?
Click the Options tab .
- Select List of commands to be entered on device and enter the following code: copy running tftp. 192.168.1.200.
- Select Enter commands in enable mode .
- Select Save device output to file .
- Select Overwrite existing capture file .
- Select Answer yes to any confirmation prompts .
- Select Stop on error .
How do I save a switch configuration?
Save the Configuration Type “copy running-config startup-config” at the command line and press return on the keyboard. This will copy the current switch configuration to the non-volatile memory, which is memory that will retain its data even without power applied to it. 3.