How do I enable global navigation in SharePoint?
Enable the SharePoint global navigation
- Click in the cog icon to open the settings menu.
- Click in the global navigation option.
- From the global navigation menu toggle the Enable global navigation option.
- Optionally you can define a logo that will be displayed as the first item of the SharePoint app bar.
What is global navigation in SharePoint?
The SharePoint app bar experience Enable global navigation to allow users to easily navigate to important intranet resources anywhere in SharePoint. Customize global navigation details and the rest of the content will dynamically display and update personalized content for sites, news, and files.
How do I add a navigation link to SharePoint?
Add a Site Navigation Link
- In your web browser, open your SharePoint site.
- Navigate to the site you want to change.
- Click the Edit Links button on the Quick Launch bar or Top Links bar.
- To add a link, use any of the following: Drag and Drop.
- Click the Save button. Click to view larger image.
What is global navigation?
Global navigation is a region of the graphical user interface reserved for buttons, links, search bars, or any other design element affording movement from one set of content to another.
How do I enable navigation on my website?
, select Site settings. On the Site Settings page, in the Look and Feel section, select Navigation. On the Navigation Settings page, in the Global Navigation section, select Managed Navigation: The navigation items will be represented using a Managed Metadata term set.
What is a publishing site in SharePoint?
A SharePoint publishing site is a classic site that’s built using a publishing site template. It’s a site where authoring and publishing are more structured and where content management processes are enforced. Publishing sites have typically been used to create enterprise intranets and communication portals.