How do I remove the spacebar key on my MacBook Pro?
Removing the space bar from the keyboard involves gently prying it up to free it from these clips.
- Power down your MacBook Pro.
- Insert the edge of a plastic knife under one corner of the space bar.
- Insert the plastic knife under the corner at the opposite end of the space bar and gently pry this end up.
Can you take off keys on a MacBook Pro?
To remove the “normal” keys, use a thin, flat tool such as a pair of tweezers or a small screwdriver to get under the key at the bottom-left corner and push the prong out of its hole. Once it’s out, pull the key down from the top-right corner and wiggle until the left hand side of the key is detached.
How do I pop the space key off?
Can you take the Spacebar off a keyboard? There is a small Allen wrench hidden under the Spacebar, which you may unscrew with a screwdriver. Insert the screwdriver into the front edge, but carefully pry upward, with the screwdriver under the front edge, until the key releases.
How do I put the spacebar back on my MacBook Pro 2021?
Carefully pry up the bottom part of the Space key at one corner, without pulling it away from the the scissor connection points. Carefully slide the bracket into the space below the spacebar. Nudge the bracket in until it is in its home. Gently tap the key around the bottom side of the keyboard.
How do you unstick a space bar?
Spend a few minutes cleaning your keyboard to unstick the space bar.
- Position the can of compressed air’s nozzle at the base of the space bar. Depress the button on the can to blow the air around the key.
- Clean around the space bar with cotton swabs.
- Pop off the space bar using a flathead screwdriver.
Why is my space bar stuck Mac?
I have a MacBook Air with the butterfly keyboard, and recently my space bar has been totally stuck. Normally to solve this issue I take a little guitar pick-like gadget I bought off of Amazon and move it around under the space bar until it loosens, followed up by a little compressed air.