How do I turn on bullet points in Word?
Turn on or off automatic bullets or numbering
- Go to File > Options > Proofing.
- Select AutoCorrect Options, and then select the AutoFormat As You Type tab.
- Select or clear Automatic bulleted lists or Automatic numbered lists.
- Select OK.
How do you create Bullets and numbering in Word?
The Bullets and Numbering dialog box
- Select the text you want to turn into a list.
- Click Format on the menu bar.
- Select Bullets and Numbering.
- Click the Bulleted tab to view bullet options, and click the Numbered tab to view number options.
- Select the type of bullets or numbers you want, and click OK.
Why can’t I insert a bullet in Word?
Method 1: Use the Insert Symbol command On the Insert menu, click Symbol. On the Insert tab, click Symbols, and then click More Symbols. In the Symbol dialog box, click the bullet character. Click Insert, and then click Close.
What is the keyboard shortcut for bullet points?
Press CTRL + Shift + L. Word will automatically apply bullet points and insert indents to the paragraphs.
Where is the bullet point on a keyboard?
The keyboard shortcut for the bullet point symbol is Alt + 0149. Alternatively, you can use Alt + 7. To use the keyboard shortcut Alt + 0149 to make a bullet point, follow these steps: Activate the numeric keypad by tapping the Num Lock key.
Why is my bullet point not working?
As a quick fix, do the following: Click in a bulleted paragraph and press Ctrl+Shift+S; in the Apply Styles pane, click Modify. In the Modify Style dialog box, change the “Style for following paragraph” to “List Paragraph” (you may see an alias listed along with that name: “Bullets”).
Why is my bullet not showing up in Word?
Sounds like something has happened to the built-in bullet and/or number formats. Exit Word and then locate the ListGal. dat file which is in your user profile (you may have to display hidden files and folders to see it). Delete the file and restart Word.
Why can’t I put bullet points in Word?