How do you do the 10th step in AA?
How to Complete the Tenth Step of AA
- Avoid immediate decisions based solely on emotion. Instead, take a step back, breathe deeply, and then act.
- Be honest in your assessment of situations.
- Admit to any mistakes you’re making.
- Forgive others when they’ve made mistakes.
- Focus on progress, not perfection.
What is the spiritual principle of step 10?
Step Ten is when we practice the Spiritual Principle of Perseverance. We have to remember, Recovery is something we get to do. Not everyone gets this opportunity to learn about and practice Spiritual Principles while making mistakes along the way.
What does it mean to take a daily inventory?
A daily inventory might be summarized as an analysis of your missteps and shortcomings for the day. I’m going to borrow some material from a mobile app called “Tenth Step”, because I think it does a good job of explaining what a Tenth step might be.
What page is step 10 in the AA Big Book?
Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it. Reading: pages 84-85. We continue to take inventory (as in Step Four) and continue to make amends if we harm anyone (as in Steps Eight and Nine).
How do you take self inventory?
Follow these three steps for a comprehensive personal inventory, and start working toward your goals with a new spring in your step.
- Identify areas you’d like to work on. Photo: Kelli Stirrett on Unsplash.
- Take a personality test.
- Conduct an interest inventory.
What does step ten mean?
What Is Step 10? In step 10, personal inventory refers to emotional disturbances that can trigger a person to return to misusing drugs or alcohol. Watching for these disturbances on a daily basis—and taking a daily inventory—is an important part of recovery. Step 10 helps to keep the spiritual house clean.
How do you do nightly inventory?
There are 3 different types of inventories that make up this step: Nightly inventory….It says:
- Continue to watch for selfishness, dishonesty, resentment, and fear.
- Ask our god at once to remove them.
- Discuss them with someone immediately.
- Make amends quickly if we’ve harmed anyone.
- Turn our thoughts to someone we can help.
What is the purpose of step 10?
What Is Step 10? In step 10, personal inventory refers to emotional disturbances that can trigger a person to return to misusing drugs or alcohol. Watching for these disturbances on a daily basis—and taking a daily inventory—is an important part of recovery.
How do you take inventory of yourself?
What is taking a personal inventory?
What is a personal inventory? Taking a personal inventory means reflecting inwardly and taking stock of what makes you, you. From personality types to morals and interests, these are the truths that define you as a person.