How do you make a magazine spread in InDesign?
Create a magazine article spread with InDesign
- Create a new document by going to File > New > Document (Ctrl/Cmd + N), and change the following settings:
- To create guides start by Layout > Create Guides…
- To import an image select File > Place… (
- Start by setting the frame for where you want your image on the page.
How do you make a magazine spread?
Here are some ways to make a better magazine spread.
- Color Blocking. This is one of the more straightforward ones that nonetheless never ceases look great.
- Quote BIG. Many stories are about people with something to say.
- Go minimalist or maximalist, but no half-measures.
- Think Vertically.
What size is a magazine spread in InDesign?
Keep Facing Pages checked to create facing spreads. Set the Width of the page to 213 mm and Height to 276.5 mm, which is a standard US Magazine size*. Set the Top and Outside Margins to 15 mm, Bottom to 18 mm, and Inside to 17 mm.
How do I make a 4 page spread in InDesign?
Create a spread with multiple pages in InDesign In the pages palette submenu, make sure that “Allow Document Pages to Shuffle” is deselected. You can now drag the pages into a four page spread in the Page Palette.
How do you make a magazine layout?
This post will walk you through how to make a magazine with our customizable magazine templates.
- Pick your topic. You can’t have a magazine without a subject.
- Choose a title.
- Choose your cover article.
- Find your cover image.
- Design your masthead.
- Write body articles.
- Incorporate graphics.
- Decide on feature articles.
What size is a magazine spread?
Standard Magazine/Directory Ad Sizes
|Double Page Spread with bleed – Trim size – Live area (per page) – Gutter: 0.333″ / 0p4||17″ x 11.125″ 16.75″ x 10.875″ 7″ x 9.5″ per page|
|Double Page Spread no bleed – Live area (per page)||15.417″ x 9.5″ 7″ x 9.5″ per page|
How do you layout a magazine page?
What are the 10 Key Elements of a Magazine Layout Design?
- Headline. It is the most important element of a magazine layout design.
- Introductory Paragraph.
- Body / Body Text / Body Copy.
- Sub-headline / Subhead.
- Pull Quotes.
- Captions for Images.
- Section Head / Running Head.
What is a magazine spread?
A spread is simply a set of pages (usually two) viewed together. It’s how you see the book or magazine when it’s open and both pages are showing.