How much developer do I mix with Loreal hair color?
How do you mix Loreal hair color and developer? For high lift colors, the correct mix is 1 part hair dye to 2 parts developer. For toners, the correct mix is also 1 part toner to 2 parts developer.
How do you use Loreal color cream?
How To Use Excellence Creme Hair Color
- Mix Your Color. Be sure to put on the gloves included in the kit before mixing your color.
- Apply The Color. Once the mixing is complete, immediately apply the color to your hair.
- Let The Color Process.
- Rinse The Color.
- Condition Your Hair.
How do you mix L Oreal Technique hair color and developer?
You’re supposed to mix 1 part color with 1.5 parts developer in a plastic bowl. Don’t use metal! Mix until it’s smooth and creamy.
How do you apply hair color?
Apply the dye to your hair in sections.
- For virgin (first time dyeing) hair, start applying dye about 1 inch (3 cm) from your roots.
- For touch-ups, start applying dye about ½ inch from your roots.
- Work the dye into your hair well so that you do more than simply color the top layer of your hair.
How do I know what volume developer to use?
When you want to achieve a lift of one or two levels of hair color or if you have more than 50% grey hair you will need to use 20 volume developer for 100% gray coverage with permanent hair dye. Less than that and you may be able to get away with 10 volume developer, and your grey hair will look like highlights.
What should you do first before applying hair color?
“A good thing to do the day before coloring is to use a clarifying shampoo to remove any product buildup, and to help even the hair’s porosity so color takes evenly,” says White. “You should follow that with a deep conditioner to replace any moisture that may be lost during coloring.”