How to make plum cake without eggs?
- In a saucepan, take orange juice, lemon juice and water.
- Add tutti frutti, raisins, dried apricots, dried cranberries and prunes to the juice mix and cook till the mixture thickens and the dry fruits absorb all the juices.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degree C and line an 8 inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
How do you make black cake without eggs?
- Place raisins, currrants, prunes, and mixed peel in a bowl with the grape wine or grape juice to soak over night or for 2 days.
- Cream the butter, cookeen and sugar until creamy.
- Add spice, nutmeg, essence, lemon or lime.
- Place in a greased and floured baking dish.
- Allow to cool before serving.
How do you make a vegan Christmas cake?
- 1kg mixed dried fruit (use a mix of raisins, sultanas, currants, cherries, cranberries, prunes or figs)
- zest and juice of 1 orange.
- zest and juice of 1 lemon.
- 150ml rum, plus extra for feeding.
- 250g coconut oil.
- 200g light soft brown sugar.
- 4 tbsp chia seeds.
- 175g plain flour.
How do you freeze Jamaican black cake?
Wrap your cake in a layer of greaseproof paper and a layer of tin foil to prevent air getting in. Store the wrapped cake in an airtight container. The cake should keep for (at least) a month or even up to a year with this amount of booze going on in an air tight container. this cake also freezes really well.
What is the ingredients of plum cake?
Ingredients in Plum Cake Recipe: A fruity and nutty cake recipe with the goodness of dried cherries, almonds, raisins and many more dried fruits. You may or may not add rum or brandy, as used in some regions. This cake is great as a dessert with a dollop of ice cream or works prefect with your evening tea too.
Does plum cake contain egg?
Made with readily available ingredients in your kitchen, this fruit cake recipe uses eggs, but if you are a vegetarian, then you can replace eggs with baking soda and half a cup yoghurt. This quick Christmas cake recipe can be served after an elaborate meal or as a tea-time dessert.
What can I substitute eggs in a fruit cake?
The only thing I had to change was to use an egg substitute. Since it’s a fruitcake I decided to use applesauce to replace the eggs in the recipe. Also there is no other ingredient in the recipe to moisten it, so I added 1/4 cup of water and additional 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda to compensate the eggs.