What are 5 facts about astronomy?
Cool Facts About Planets
- One day on Venus takes 225 Earth days.
- Jupiter’s Great Red Spot is 10,160 miles (16,350 km) in diameter.
- A day on Mars lasts for 24 hours, 39 minutes, and 35 seconds.
- Pluto has a diameter of 1,473 miles (2,370 km).
- The atmospheric pressure on Venus is 92 times the Earth’s atmospheric pressure.
What are 20 facts about space?
20 Unusual Space Facts
- It would take nine years to walk to the moon.
- Mars is called the Red Planet because of its red coloring, which comes from the large amount of iron oxide – known on Earth as rust – on the planet’s surface.
- Mercury’s temperature varies from -280° F on its night side to 800° F during the day.
What is the diamond planet?
55 Cancri e
NASA has taken a closer look at 55 Cancri e, an exoplanet that earned the nickname “diamond planet” due to research that suggests it has a carbon-rich composition. Even if we could reach these diamond exoplanets, they wouldn’t be appealing places to visit.
What planets have snow?
Due to the planet’s extreme surface temperatures, this rain would evaporate before landing. Yet even more bizarrely, there is ‘snow ‘on Venus.
Why do astronauts put Velcro inside their helmets?
During the Apollo space program, VELCRO® Brand fasteners were widely used on the astronauts’ space suits to secure pockets, food and drink ports, checklists and other essential items. Some astronauts even built VELCRO® Brand hook and loop tape into their helmets so they could scratch their noses in outer space!
What does a space walk feel like?
Neutral buoyancy means they aren’t at the top or the bottom of the pool, so for astronauts, it feels like they’re outside in space. Fincke said training in this kind of lab prepared him so well for his first spacewalk that it felt almost exactly the same. The training is that intensive and comprehensive, he said.
Why astronomy is cool?
Why astronomy is cool?( Five reasons ), It’s beautiful, It’s extreme, It ignites our curiosity, It tells us about our past, It’s our future
What are some really cool science facts?
When you crack a whip,it makes a sharp sound because the tip of the whip is traveling faster than the speed of sound.
What are some cool random facts?
Some people call them by their names, while some reference their jersey numbers. In a video shared by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), the squad shares interesting stories about their jersey numbers. Wicketkeeper-batsman Mohammad Rizwan revealed that when
What are interesting astronomy facts?
Our Sun is one of over 100 billion stars in the Milky Way galaxy,and the Milky Way is one of over 100 million galaxies in the universe.