What are the elements of emotions?
Key Elements of Emotions. In order to better understand what emotions are, let’s focus on their three key elements, known as the subjective experience, the physiological response, and the behavioral response.
What are the 3 components of emotion quizlet?
The three components of emotion are physiological arousal, expressive behaviors, and conscious experience.
What are the 3 strongest emotions?
The Four Most Powerful Emotions
- #1 Fear. The greatest (and most primitive, since it originates from our early reptilian brain) is fear.
- #2 Anger. Coming in at a close second is anger.
- #3 Sorrow. The third emotion is probably sorrow.
- #4 Joy. The light at the end of the emotional tunnel is of course joy.
What are the basic types of emotions?
There are four kinds of basic emotions: happiness, sadness, fear, and anger, which are differentially associated with three core affects: reward (happiness), punishment (sadness), and stress (fear and anger).
What are the components of an emotion psychology quizlet?
Terms in this set (3)
- Three components of emotion. 1) Physiological response: distinct changes in patterns of brain activation, ANS response. 2) Behavioral response: evident through body language or facial expression.
- emotion characteristics. 1) temporary. 2) positive or negative.
- universal emotions. – Created by Paul Ekman.
What is the Cannon-Bard theory quizlet?
The Cannon-Bard theory states that the emotional stimulus enters our sensory systems which causes us to feel emotions which causes emotional expression responses (somatic, endocrine, and autonomic).
What are the functions of emotions in psychology?
Emotions drive our actions – for example, a fight, flight or freeze response. Emotions tell others that we’re dealing with stressors and may need support. Emotions have wisdom. They tell us something important in our life is changing or needs attention.