What causes Velocitization?
Any driver can fall victim to a potentially fatal disease known as “Velocitization.” Velocitization is common to all motorists; it arises from the tendency of drivers to lose touch with the speed at which they are traveling.
What is a Velocitization?
: to cause (an automobile driver) to misjudge or become unaware of true speed or to become drowsy as a result of prolonged traveling at a high speed (as on an open highway)
How do you counteract Velocitization?
After exiting an expressway, you may have a false sense of your vehicle’s speed called velocitization, due to the extended time at high speed. To counteract this, you should: A.) Move onto the shoulder and take a break before exiting the freeway.
What can Velocitization cause a driver to do?
The dangers of velocitation For instance, velocitation may cause a driver to merge onto an expressway exit ramp at an unsafe speed and lose control or collide with other vehicles.
Is Velocitized a word?
Velocitized definition (dated) Accustomed to travelling at high speed.
How do you drive through thick fog?
Slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination. Make your vehicle visible to others both ahead of you and behind you by using your low-beam headlights since this means your taillights will also be on. Use fog lights if you have them. Never use your high-beam lights.
What are the 3 main types of distracted driving?
- Visual: taking your eyes off the road.
- Manual: taking your hands off the wheel.
- Cognitive: taking your mind off driving.
Is Velocitation highway hypnosis?
Velocitation means your ability to judge the speed at which you are traveling is temporarily impaired. This happens when your mind has become desensitized to your velocity. Velocitation is different from highway hypnosis. Highway hypnosis is a phenomenon that causes you to go into a trance-like state while driving.
Should you turn your lights on in fog?
Don’t use high-beam headlights. They won’t shine through the fog but just reflect the light back in your eyes, making it worse for you and other drivers. Use low-beams. In really dense fog, use front fog lights in addition to your low-beams if you have them.
What should you not do while driving in fog?
Driving in Fog:5 Safety Tips
- Slow down. If you cannot see where you are going, do not drive fast.
- Use low-beam headlights. When visibility is restricted, a driver’s natural tendency is to activate the high-beam headlights.
- Use fog lights.
- Use the right-side pavement line as a guide.
- Do not stop on the road.
What are the top 5 distractions while driving?
Top Eight Driving Distractions
- Using a cell phone.
- Looking at something outside the vehicle.
- Activities of passengers.
- Reaching for something on the dashboard, seat, or floor.
- Eating, drinking, or smoking.
- Changing the radio, climate control, or using a device in the car.