What is a Google tracking URL?
URL tracking is the process of adding unique identifiers to your final URLs. If you aren’t tagging your URLs for tracking in either Google Analytics or your analytics platform of choice, you are losing out on helpful information.
How do I create a Google tracking link?
Set up Google Analytics tracking
- Click your profile image at the top right, then select Account settings.
- Click Analytics tracking settings.
- Select Enable Google Analytics integration then enter the domains you want to track:
- Click Save analytics settings.
Can Google Analytics track Gmail?
Email opens in Google Analytics is tracked by embedding an image pixel within the body of the email. When a user opens an email, the email client fetches this image. This image then passes on the email tracking information to the Google Analytics servers, which you can then view in your Google Analytics account.
Can URL be tracked?
Almost everything can be tracked: website pages, blog posts, links on social media, links on ads, emails, and telephone numbers. All of these things are be tracked to provide data.
What are URL tracking codes?
UTM (Urchin Tracking Module) codes are snippets of text added to the end of a URL to help you track where website traffic comes from if users click a link to this URL.
How do I track a link click in an email?
Here are the steps for tracking email clicks using Google Analytics:
- Step 1: Open Google Analytics Campaign URL Builder.
- Step 2: Build your custom tracking URL.
- Step 3: Insert the URL in the email.
- Step 4: Check the link clicks in Google Analytics.
What does tracking URL mean?
A tracking URL is a normal URL with parameters attached to it. When visitors come to your site from a tracking URL, HubSpot saves the information in those parameters. Learn how to analyze traffic data from tracking URLs in the traffic analytics tool.
How do I track mailto links?
View Mailto Link Clicks in Google Analytics You can see your mailto link clicks by going to your Google Analytics account. Then go to Behavior » Events » Top Events. Here you can see how many people clicked on your mailto links. And that’s it!
How do I track an email in Google Analytics?
- Step 1: Create a Google Analytics Account. For setting up Email Tracking Google Analytics the first thing you need is a Google Analytics account.
- Step 2: Create a Trackable URL.
- Step 3: Insert the URL in the Email.
- Step 4: Monitor the Email Campaign in Real-Time.
What is URL tagging?
Link tagging is the process of adding unique identifiers to your URLs, allowing you to attribute traffic to individual campaigns. By doing this, you can prove the value and evaluate the performance of each ecommerce campaign. UTM parameters are an important step in correctly tracking your ecommerce success.