What is a hot apple cider with whiskey called?
Apple Cider Hot Toddy Recipe This warm whiskey drink is flavored with honey, lemon and cinnamon and topped off with apple cider, for a delicious adults only drink.
How do you make an apple cider hot toddy?
Step by step instructions
- Heat the apple cider on the stove top or in the microwave until it just starts to boil. Pour it into a mug.
- Add your whiskey (or bourbon).
- Stir to combine.
- Garnish if you’d like with cinnamon a cinnamon stick and an apple and/or lemon slice.
- Sip slowly and enjoy!
Is whiskey or bourbon better for hot toddy?
The high alcohol makes bourbon a lot to handle if you sip it solo. Water it down a bit in a hot toddy, however, and you keep the classic whiskey flavor as well as Wild Turkey’s characteristic butterscotch, caramel, and vanilla. The sweeter side of 101 comes out as well in a hot toddy.
What alcohol goes with apple cider?
What alcohol is good with apple cider? Apple cider pairs really well with dark spirits, like rum, whiskey, bourbon, and brandy. However, you can also combine it with other spirits, liked Vodka (regular or flavored) or even Mezcal or Tequila.
Can you add bourbon to cider?
Bourbon – A nice bourbon whiskey pairs perfectly with apple cider. It’s a bit sweeter than regular whiskey so it’s works nicely for this Fall cocktail. Non-Alcoholic – To make a non-alcoholic apple cider drink, simply omit the bourbon from the drink. For a Crowd – This cocktail works great for a party or get together.
Can you put whiskey in cider?
Apple cider and whiskey are an ideal cocktail pairing! Here’s how to mix them up: as a lowball cocktail or as spiked hot cider. Want an easy cocktail for fall and winter? Try Apple Cider and Whiskey!
What whiskey is best for a hot toddy?
10 Best Whiskeys For A Hot Toddy
- Wild Turkey 101. Instagram.
- Buffalo Trace Bourbon. Instagram.
- Tullamore D.E.W. Irish Whiskey.
- Monkey Shoulder. Instagram.
- The Sexton Whiskey Single Malt. Instagram.
- The Famous Grouse. Instagram.
- Bulleit Rye. Instagram.
- Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey. Jack Daniel.
What kind of bourbon is best for hot toddy?
The 7 Best Whiskeys for a Killer Hot Toddy
- Larceny. This wheated bourbon is often compared to Maker’s Mark but is lesser-known than its red-waxed counterpart.
- Four Roses Yellow Label. photo: Hunter Branch.
- Maker’s Mark. photo: Hunter Branch.
- Angel’s Envy Finished Rye.
- Woodford Reserve.
- Buffalo Trace.
- Wild Turkey 101.
What whisky is best for hot toddy?
What whiskey is good with apple cider?
Types of whiskey to pair with apple cider
- Rye whiskey pairs well, with its signature spicy burn on the finish.
- Blended Scotch is another great choice that balances well on the finish.
- Tennessee whiskey and Canadian whisky like Jack Daniels or Crown Royal are great choices.
Does apple cider mix well with bourbon?
Yes, if you prefer that, you absolutely can! First, in a cocktail shaker or large glass or jar, add ice. Then pour in the bourbon, apple cider, simple syrup, and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Give it all a stir to combine and chill, then strain it into your glass.