What is ha in WLC?
They buy a Cisco WLC 5508 with built-in license for 25 access points (AIR-CT5508-25-K9) and a WLC for high availability (AIR-CT5508-HA-K9). The HA-WLC is automatically sharing the configuration and the license for 90 days from the main WLC.
What is high availability in Cisco?
Cisco High Availability (HA) enables network-wide protection by providing fast recovery from faults that may occur in any part of the network.
How do I update my WLC 5508?
How to Upgrade Software on Cisco 5508 HA WLC
- Click the download button on the far right of the screen.
- Once the image has downloaded to the primay and been extracted the controller will upload the file to the standby controller.
- The image is then written to Flash.
- The AP Image bundle is then written to flash.
How do I update my Cisco WLC ha?
- Use CLI/GUI to initiate the upgrade on the Active WLC in the HA setup and wait for the upgrade to finish.
- The Active WLC executes all the upgrade scripts and transfers the entire image to the Standby WLC using the Redundant Port.
How do you test for high availability?
Testing high availability setup
- Test data sync between online and offline nodes.
- Check that logs folders are periodically synced to offline node.
- Manually control failover by using Tivoli® System Automation command.
- Recover or start the Db2 Data Management Console node that is online.
- Automatic failover.
What is Cisco Aireos?
– It is a WiFi Alliance certification designed to optimize WiFi network resources, environment and enable MBO supporting devices to respond ot changing WiFi network condition. – based on IEEE 802.11k, 802.11v, 802.11u technology. – It is only supported with Cisco 802.11ax APs (9100 series)
What is the responsibility of a secondary WLC?
What is the responsibility of a secondary WLC? A. It enables Layer 2 and Layer 3 roaming between itself and the primary controller.