What is plinth beam shuttering?
Plinth beam is a reinforced concrete beam constructed between the wall and its foundation. Plinth beam is provided to prevent the extension or propagation of cracks from the foundation into the wall above when the foundation suffers from settlement.
Which grade of concrete is used for plinth beam?
As per the regulations, the desirable concrete grade is M20 and the desired concrete strength is 20MPa for the plinth beam construction. In case, the concrete mix is to be mixed manually, 20% extra cement must be added to account for the possible losses during the mixing.
How do you find the shuttering of a plinth beam?
- Take the cross-section of beam and measure the lengths of the two sides and base of beam.
- Sum the three measurements.
- Measure the span of the beam.
- Multiply the span length by sum of the three measurements (beam base two vertical sides) gives the shuttering area of beam.
What should be the size of plinth beam?
Standard Dimensions of Plinth Beam The width of the beam is usually 9 ″ or 225mm, as the wall width in India is 9 ″. So that the structure has a good look. The minimum size of the RCC plinth beam should not be less than 9 “x 9” (225 mm x 225 mm), as a general rule of thumb.
Is DPC required on plinth beam?
To stop this water from travelling above a certain level, a water barrier is required which is called Damp proof course DPC or a Plinth beam PB….Total cost of PB per running ft = 480.1 Rs/running ft.
|DPC cost per running ft||Plinth beam cost per running ft||Percentage difference|
|143.85 Rs||480.1 Rs||233.75 %|
How do you calculate shuttering material?
Covered Area = 5,000 square foot.
- PLYWOOD: 12 MM THICK (8′ X 4′) = Covered area x Thumb rule.
- WOODEN BATTENS : (3” X 3”) = Covered area x Thumb rule.
- BEAM BOTTOM PLATES: (1.5” THICK) = Covered area x Thumb rule.
- WOODEN BALLIES: For Slab = Covered area x thumb rule.
- MS CLAMPS: = Covered area x thumb rule.
- SHUTTERING OIL:
How do you calculate shuttering rate?
multiply the total shuttering area of slab with Rs 20 to Rs 25 to get shuttering rate/ cost for slab such as 600 × 20 = Rs 12000, hence Rs 12000 is shuttering rate/ cost for a slab of 30′ × 20′ dimensions.
What comes after plinth beam?
Superstructure – Column After the plinth slab is cured then the main structure for the house is started. The columns are brought up and the frame for further construction is prepared.
How is plinth beam calculated?
Calculating the volume & BBS of plinth beam in a compound wall. / Estimating & costing of a compound wall ( part 4 ).
- BACK 👈 PART 3.
- = 97.125 cu ft. i.e. 2.75 cum.
- The cutting length of the main bar.
- = 47072 mm.
- Cutting length of the stirrup.
- = 844 mm i.e. 0.844 m.
- Number of stirrups.
Which grade of concrete is used for beam?
As we know that Beam is RCC structure so we can use minimum grade of M20 grade and concrete mix ratio 1:1.5:3 for beams & maximum grade of concrete m25, M30 and much higher are used as per design for beam. 1:1.5:3 (m20) is concrete mix ratio used for beam.