What is the closest town to NYC?
Major cities near New York, NY
- 2 miles to Jersey City, NJ.
- 9 miles to Newark, NJ.
- 80 miles to Philadelphia, PA.
- 168 miles to Baltimore, MD.
- 192 miles to Boston, MA.
- 202 miles to Washington, DC.
- 253 miles to Rochester, NY.
- 286 miles to Virginia Beach, VA.
Where should I live to commute to New York?
Tarrytown, NY. Commute time to/from Midtown: 1 hour or less.
Are there suburbs in New York City?
Fortunately, there are dozens of New York suburbs in which to find your dream home or rental, in Westchester County, Long Island, Connecticut, or New Jersey, whether you’re moving out of the city or relocating long distance from elsewhere in the U.S. Some are lined with mostly single-family homes while others have a …
Can you live in Connecticut and commute to NYC?
Most people who move to Connecticut come from New York, drawn by an efficient, comfortable commute to New York City via Metro North trains, smart urban cores, idyllic parks and beaches, homes that range from charming cottages to sophisticated condos and stately mansions—plus the lowest maximum state income tax rate in …
What is the best suburb to live in New York?
Top 10 best places to live in New York state, according to Niche:
- Great Neck Gardens (NYC suburb)
- Brighton (suburb of Rochester)
- Cayuga Heights (in Finger Lakes region)
- Syosset (NYC suburb)
- Manhasset Hills (NYC suburb)
- Williamsville (suburb of Buffalo)
- East Williston (NYC suburb)
- Kensington (NYC suburb)
What is the cheapest area to live in New York?
The 10 Most Affordable Neighborhoods in NYC
|3||Port Ivory||Staten Island|