What is the difference between CBM and CFT?
Cubic foot and cubic meter both are the measurements of the volume of the three-dimensional object but in a different medium. A cubic foot is used for linear measurement and a cubic meter is used to express the concentrations of a chemical in a volume of air.
How do you calculate CFT for shipping?
01/11/2019 — Leah Palnik
- Multiply the three measurements (height x width x depth). The result is the total cubic inches of the shipment.
- Divide the total cubic inches by 1,728 (the number of cubic inches in a cubic foot).
- Divide the weight (in pounds) of the shipment by the total cubic feet.
What is CFT for shipment?
In the world of freight, being able to calculate the cubic feet of your shipment is clutch. Cubic feet are a measure of volume—how much room your shipment takes up. This figure is especially important when it comes to: Ocean freight, which prices shipments by volume in cubic feet.
How do you calculate a carton of CFT?
How Does Cubic Feet Calculator Work?
- length (feet) × width (feet) × height (feet) = cubic feet.
- length (inches) × width (inches) × height (inches) ÷ 1728 = cubic feet.
- length (yards) × width (yards) × height (yards) × 27 = cubic feet.
- length (cm) × width (cm) × height (cm) ÷ 28316.846 = cubic feet.
How do you convert CBM to square feet?
One cubic meter is equal to 10.7639 square feet.
- m3 = 10.7639 square feet.
- m3 = 17.0866 square feet.
- m3 = 22.3898 square feet.
- m3 = 27.1234 square feet.
- m3 = 31.4739 square feet.
What is the meaning of 1 CFT?
Definition of cubic foot : a unit of volume equal to a cube one foot long on each side — see Weights and Measures Table.
How do you calculate CBM?
Length x Width x Height = CBM This is the formula used to measure your cargo volume in CBM (m³). Say, you have a carton that is 2 metres long, 2 metres wide and 2 metres high. Then, its volume is 2 x 2 x 2 = 8 m³.
How much CFT is 1 ton?
40 cubic feet
1 ton (40 cubic feet) = 1.133 cubic metres. 1 cubic metre = 0.883 cubic tons (35.32 cubic feet)
What is CFT warehouse?
Cubic feet represents the total usable space within the building footprint (length by width by height). This is found by multiplying your usable square feet by the height of the building.