What is the NA gratitude prayer?
Serenity Prayer “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
What are the prayers for each of the 12 steps?
Twelve Step Prayers
- First Step Prayer. Dear Lord, I admit that I am powerless over my addiction.
- Second Step Prayer. Heavenly Father, I know in my heart that only you can restore me to sanity.
- Third Step Prayer. God,
- Fourth Step Prayer. Dear God,
- Fifth Step Prayer. Higher Power,
- Sixth Step Prayer. Dear God,
Is there a prayer for alcoholics?
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference.
What does take my will and my life mean?
It is an active choice I make to surrender my old actions and behaviors (take my will and my life), in exchange for direction in fulfilling my potential (guide me in my recovery), and claim the life I threw away through the use of drugs because of my pain and fear (show me how to live).
What do they say at the end of an NA meeting?
(At the end of the meeting, read the 12th Tradition): Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities.
How do I pray to a higher power?
5 Ways to Build a Relationship with Your Higher Power
- Pray in the morning. When you take time to pause and pray in the morning, you’re essentially turning your will over to God.
- Let others in. Believe it or not, you don’t have all the answers.
- Keep a journal.
- Get involved.
- Pray in the evening.
How do you accept what Cannot be changed?
There is a prayer, often linked with Alcoholic’s Anonymous (AA), called the serenity prayer, which reads: “…grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” The words are repeated regularly in meetings and the concept helps …
Is the serenity prayer only for alcoholics?
The 12 step Serenity Prayer is a prayer for everyone, not just alcoholics. The prayer was written by Reinhold Niebuhr and is specifically for people who want to break their bad habits, change their ways, and accept the things that cannot be changed.