What is there to do in Wichita Kansas in December?
Ongoing Christmas Attractions Wichita
- Look at Christmas Lights. Turn on the radio and enjoy festive holiday light displays in neighborhoods all over Wichita.
- Visit Santa.
- Take a Horse-drawn Carriage Ride.
- Take in a Show.
- Visit a Christmas Tree Farm.
- Do a Little Local Shopping.
- North Pole Substation.
- Holiday Laser Adventure.
Does it snow in Wichita Kansas in December?
The average sliding 31-day snowfall during December in Wichita is gradually increasing, starting the month at 1.4 inches, when it rarely exceeds 4.9 inches or falls below -0.0 inches, and ending the month at 2.2 inches, when it rarely exceeds 7.5 inches or falls below -0.0 inches.
When was the last time Kansas had a white Christmas?
Although 2009 wasn’t the last white Christmas in Kansas City, it’s probably the last really good one. According to FOX4 Meteorologist Joe Lauria, to have a white Christmas you need to have at least 1 inch of snow on the ground on Christmas Day. It could be snow that has already fallen or that falls on the day itself.
Where can I see Christmas lights in Wichita KS?
Best Places to See Christmas Lights in Wichita
- Illuminations at Botanica Wichita.
- The Arc’s Lights.
- Candy Cane Lane.
- Reindeer Road.
- Christmas at the McKinneys’
- Christmas on Crestline.
- Lights on Longview Ln.
- Carols on the Court.
What is winter like in Wichita Kansas?
The cold season lasts for 3.0 months, from November 25 to February 24, with an average daily high temperature below 52°F. The coldest month of the year in Wichita is January, with an average low of 25°F and high of 44°F.
Where is the best place to have a white Christmas?
6 Magical White Christmas Destinations
- Vail, Colorado – USA. Ski lodges deck the halls with holly; skiing Santa’s line the many slopes; Christmas lights twinkle throughout the snow covered trees.
- Lapland, Finland – Scandinavia.
- Quebec City – Canada.
- Vienna – Austria.
- Tallinn – Estonia.
- Rochester, Kent – United Kingdom.
Does it snow in Kansas City in December?
The average sliding 31-day snowfall during December in Kansas City is increasing, starting the month at 1.6 inches, when it rarely exceeds 4.7 inches or falls below -0.0 inches, and ending the month at 2.6 inches, when it rarely exceeds 7.6 inches or falls below -0.0 inches.