What to say to encourage someone who is sad?
6 encouraging phrases to say to a person with depression
- ‘It’s OK to not feel OK’
- ‘You’re not alone’
- ‘You can move forward in the face of your depression’
- ‘I’m here for you, no matter what’
- ‘Help is available’
- ‘Your story isn’t over’
How do you encourage someone who is feeling down?
How to help
- Start a conversation. Let your friend know you’re there for them.
- Help them find support.
- Support them in continuing therapy.
- Take care of yourself.
- Learn about depression on your own.
- Offer to help with everyday tasks.
- Extend loose invitations.
- Be patient.
How do you talk to someone with depression and anxiety?
6 ways to help a friend with depression or anxiety
- Learn about what your friend is going through.
- Be open and welcoming, and listen.
- Take their feelings seriously.
- Help them to find support.
- Continue supporting them and respond to emergencies.
- Celebrate their successes.
What to say to lift up a friend?
Simple Thinking-of-You Encouragement
- “You’re never far from my thoughts.”
- “Know how often I think of you?
- “You’re on my mind and in my heart.”
- “Keeping you close in my thoughts.”
- “Lifting you up in prayer and hoping you have a better day today.”
- “I can’t wait to catch up with you soon.”
How people cope with challenges when fully depressed?
10 Ways to Cope With Depression
- Lifestyle Factors That Affect Mood. When you have depression, you can find ways to take control of your life and manage your treatment even beyond medications.
- Express Yourself in Writing.
- Stick to a Schedule.
- Depend on Others.
- Enjoy the Emotional Benefits of Exercise.
- Say No to Liquor.