Which place is best for picnic in Assam?
Here is the list of 18 Best Picnic Spots in Assam to Head to Next
- Dipor Bil, Guwahati.
- Sibsagar Lake, Sibsagar.
- Umiam Lake, Shillong.
- Hajo, Assam – An ancient pilgrimage for all.
- Chandubi Lake, Guwahati.
- Manas National Park, Assam – Natural World Heritage Site.
- Sadiya, Tinsukia.
- Majuli – World’s Largest Fresh Water Island.
Is Deepor Beel picnic spot?
Guwahati, India The best time to visit Deepor Beel is during winter ( Nov- March) when its visited by many migratory birds. It is also a very popular picnic spot during winter as its very near the city and it also know for the varieties of local fresh water fish available in the lake.
Where can we go from Guwahati?
Here is the list of 34 Places to Visit Near Guwahati | Weekend Getaways from Guwahati
- Shillong, Meghalaya. Previous.
- Umiam Lake. 4.3 /5 View 9+ photos.
- Kaziranga National Park, Assam. 3.7 /5 View 40+ photos.
- Manas National Park, Assam.
- Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Double Decker Living Root Bridge.
How can I spend my day in Guwahati?
Here are the best things to do in Guwahati:
- Enjoy the Boat Ride at Umananda Temple. Send Enquiry.
- Shop at Fancy Bazar. Send Enquiry.
- Cruise Away on the Brahmaputra River.
- Drive over Saraighat Bridge.
- Stargazing at Guwahati Planetarium.
- Go for an Outing at Assam State Zoo.
- Stroll in Nehru Park.
- Visit Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary.
What food is Guwahati famous for?
The Best Food Meals in Guwahati
- Thukpa. Warm and refreshing Thukpa. Satisfy not only your hunger pangs but every sense with this warming, traditional Assamese dish.
- Chowmein. Chowmein (source)
- Khaar. Khaar (source)
- Silkworms. Silkworms, is a delicacy in Guwahati.
- Masor Tenga. Masor Tenga (source)
- Payash. Payash.
What is Guwahati known for?
Dotted with ancient temples, Guwahati is also known as the ‘City of Temples’. It is one of the fastest developing cities of India. According to a survey done by a UK media outlet, Guwahati is among the 100 fastest growing cities of the world, and is the 5th fastest growing city in India.