Why college athletes should not be paid articles?
If a university starts paying student-athletes, it could negatively affect other sports programs. There would not be enough funds to pay every single student-athlete equally and to be able to keep every single sport. The smaller sports that do not generate enough revenue to sustain the program would definitely get cut.
Why students athletes should be paid?
Paying student-athletes turns them into professionals and sullies the purity of amateur athletic competition. Student-athletes are students first and foremost, attending college primarily to receive an education and secondarily to compete in their sport.
Should student-athletes be paid to play?
Paying college athletes will “diminish the spirit of amateurism” that distinguishes college sports from their professional counterparts. Limiting compensation for playing a sport to the cost of attending school avoids creating a separate class of students who are profiting from their time in school.
What are 3 reasons college athletes should be paid?
Why College Athletes Should Be Paid
- Athletics Can Be a Source Of Income For The Students.
- Paying College Athletes Would Make Them Healthier.
- Paying College Athletes Provides Relief For Their Families.
- It Provides Another Motivation To Play.
- Paying College Athletes Would End Corruption.
Do college athletes deserve pay?
In conclusion, college athletes should be paid because they bring in a ton of revenue for their schools while risking injury and yet are unable to afford the cost of living. The time that is put into the sport is the equivalent, if not more, than the time that is put into a full time job.
Should college athletes be paid pros and cons?
Should College Athletes Be Paid?
- Pro: College athletes put their bodies on the line each game they play.
- Pro: Student-athletes generate serious revenue.
- Pro: Paying college athletes would help to begin creating a sense of financial awareness.
- Con: Many student-athletes already receive scholarships and other benefits.
Why college athletes should be paid paper?
College athletes should be paid because they work so hard but receive severe injuries instead of money, they train so hard each day so they can play each game at their very best, and the N.C.A.A. makes profit off of a players work. Injuries are a common occurrence during sporting events.