Can heart problems make your feet hurt?
One reason your feet can develop problems is because of the distance that they are away from your heart. When the heart’s pumping is strained by something like peripheral arterial disease, it reduces the flow of blood to your feet, making them hurt or making them swollen.
Is your foot connected to your heart?
The health of your feet can be directly related to the health of your heart. Because feet mirror general health, foot problems can be the first sign of more serious medical problems such as heart disease, peripheral artery disease, diabetes and neuropathy.
What are 5 warning signs of heart disease?
- Chest pain, chest tightness, chest pressure and chest discomfort (angina)
- Shortness of breath.
- Pain, numbness, weakness or coldness in your legs or arms if the blood vessels in those parts of your body are narrowed.
- Pain in the neck, jaw, throat, upper abdomen or back.
What disease makes your feet hurt?
Viruses, fungi, bacteria or infections – Warts, athlete’s foot and fungal nail infections are all examples of infectious diseases that can lead to foot pain. Arthritis – Our feet and ankles have many joints – and all are prone to developing arthritis.
What are the warning signs of heart failure?
Heart failure signs and symptoms may include:
- Shortness of breath with activity or when lying down.
- Fatigue and weakness.
- Swelling in the legs, ankles and feet.
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat.
- Reduced ability to exercise.
- Persistent cough or wheezing with white or pink blood-tinged mucus.
- Swelling of the belly area (abdomen)
What foot pain says about your health?
Foot pain may be telling you to lose weight, signal the onset of arthritis or result from a stress fracture. The more weight that we carry, the more pressure we put on our feet, which can cause pain. Arthritic conditions can also make your feet susceptible to pain.
Why are my feet so painful at night?
Lifestyle factors. People with jobs that require them to be on their feet for prolonged periods of time may find that their feet ache at night. This can be due to fatigue in the muscles in the feet. The muscle fibers contract and expand with use, and with overuse, they can become fatigued.
Should I be concerned if my feet hurt?
Foot pain isn’t always a reason for concern. However, intense and constant foot pain may be the symptom of a serious ailment. Always be aware of any other symptoms and lifestyle factors that can contribute to aching feet. Always contact your doctor if you suspect anything serious.