How do Hawaiians say Happy New Year?
Because makahiki also means “year”, the Hawaiian phrase for “Happy New Year” became “Hau’oli (happy) Makahiki (year) Hou (new)”(how-OH-lee mah-kah-hee-kee ho).
How do you wish Happy New Year in Italian?
The Italian for Happy New Year is Buon Anno!
What is Merry Christmas and a happy new year in Hawaiian?
As Christmas and New Year are close together, you can even say “Mele Kalikimaka me ka Hau’oli Makahiki Hou,” or “Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.”
What’s another way to say Happy New Year?
May you have a prosperous New Year. I wish you happiness in the year to come. Let the year ahead be the one where all your dreams come true. I wish you a smashing New Year filled with laughter.
What does Hau Oli La Hanau?
Hauʻoli Lā Hānau [how-oh-lee lah hah-nah-oo], or Happy Birthday in Hawaiian!
How do you say Happy New Year without saying Happy New Year?
How to Say Happy New Year
- 1 “Cheers to the new year!”
- 2 “Have a prosperous new year!”
- 3 “Wishing you a great year ahead!”
- 4 “May all your wishes come true this year!”
- 5 “Wishing you a huge slice of happiness this new year!”
- 6 “Best of luck with your resolutions this year!”
- 7 “Let your dreams take flight!”
How do you say Happy New Year in short?
Short New Year Wishes
- Have a sparkling New Year!
- New adventures are around the corner.
- Make way for 2022!
- I said this 365 days ago, but happy New Year!
- May the new year bless you with health, wealth, and happiness.
- Out with the old, in with the new!
- Here’s hoping you make the most of 2022!
How do you say Merry Christmas in Hawaii Hawaiian?
How To Say “Merry Christmas” In Hawaiian.
What is a traditional Hawaiian greeting during Christmas?
Most people are used to saying “Merry Christmas,” or “Happy Holidays,” but anyone that’s grown up around here says—and hears—the phrase “Mele Kalikimaka” at this time of year.
How do you say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year?
- Merry Christmas.
- Happy Hanukkah.
- Joyous Kwanzaa.
- Yuletide Greetings.
- Happy holidays.
- Joyeux Noël.
- Feliz Navidad.
- Seasons Greetings.
How do you wish Merry Christmas and New Year?
Wishing you lots of fun and excitement, and a super fantastic year to come! 6. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! May you be filled with the joy and excitement of the season, and the hope of a new year.
How do you say Merry Christmas without saying Merry Christmas?
Fun Ways to Wish Someone a Merry Christmas
- get into the Christmas spirit – wine or beer.
- have you been naughty or nice.
- ho ho ho-liday greetings.
- jingle all the way.
- keep calm and Christmas on.
- keep calm and enjoy Christmas.
- let’s rock around the Christmas tree, you and me.
- may Santa work his magic to the nth degree.
What is the best Christmas greeting?
Classic Christmas Greetings
- “Merry Christmas!
- “Wishing you peace and joy all season long.
- “Christmas is a time for family, food and fellowship.
- “I hope your holiday is full of love, peace and joy!”
- “Merry Christmas!
- “This holiday season, may you and your family experience light and laughter.”
What does pono Ono mean?
The word ho’oponopono roughly translates to “cause things to move back in balance” or to “make things right.” It’s a very zen concept. (In native Hawaiian language, “pono” means balance, in the sense of “life.” When things are in balance, nothing is off, so to speak.)