How do I change the boot device in Solaris 10?
SPARC: How to Change the Default Boot Device
- Become superuser.
- Halt the system by using the init(1M) command.
- If the > PROM prompt is displayed, type n and press Return.
- Change the boot-device setting by using the setenv command.
- Verify the default boot device change by using the printenv command.
Where is boot device in Solaris 11?
How to identify the boot device (primary and alternate) in…
- In a general production environment you’ll find the OS root disk is mirrored to avoid any single point of failures.
- ok> printenv boot-device boot-device = rootdisk mirrordisk.
How do I change the boot path in OK prompt?
Change the Default Boot Device (ok Prompt)
- Get to the ok prompt. See Accessing the ok Prompt.
- Configure the boot-device parameter with the correct boot device. ok setenv boot-device boot-device. where boot-device is a valid device from which to boot.
- Verify the change. ok printenv boot-device.
- Reset the host. ok reset-all.
How do I set my eeprom boot device?
How to Change the Default Boot Device by Using the eeprom Utility
- Become the root role.
- Specify the alternate device from which to boot. # eeprom boot-device new-boot-device.
- Verify that the new boot parameter has been set. # eeprom boot-device. The output should display the new eeprom value for the boot-device parameter.
How do I find disk path in Solaris?
How to Monitor a Disk Path
- Become superuser or assume a role that provides solaris. cluster. modify RBAC authorization on any node in the cluster.
- Monitor a disk path. # cldevice monitor -n node disk.
- Verify that the disk path is monitored. # cldevice status device.
How do I find my boot drive?
All replies. You can open up disk management with diskmgmt. msc and under the Status column look for the disk that has “Boot” in it.
How do I check my boot path in OK prompt?
At the ok> prompt, use the show-disks command to view the available disks on the system and select the boot-device path that you checked before in first step at command line. Note that at OBP level the device path will be slightly different than the one you checked at the command line.
How do I get OK prompt in Solaris 10?
On a Sun keyboard, press the two keys STOP and A . That will get you an OK prompt.
Which drive is the boot drive?
The most commonly used boot device or boot drive is the hard drive. When an operating system (e.g., Microsoft Windows) is installed on the hard drive, it copies the boot files and drivers required to load Windows on the computer.
How do I change the BIOS boot drive?
How to Change the Boot Order
- Step 1: Turn on or Restart Your Computer.
- Step 2: Enter the BIOS Setup Utility.
- Step 3: Find the Boot Order Options in BIOS.
- Step 4: Make Changes to the Boot Order.
- Step 5: Save Your BIOS Changes.
- Step 6: Confirm Your Changes.
- Step 7: Start the Computer.
How do I find the ok prompt boot path?