What can you use in place of croutons in a salad?
6 Healthy Ways to Replace Croutons in Your Salad
- Toasted nuts and seeds. These nutrient-dense morsels deliver more than just plenty of crunch—they help make a salad more filling.
- Cubed, roasted root veggies.
- Crispy chickpeas.
- Kale chips.
- Coconut “bacon”
How do you do crunches without carbs?
5 Simple Ways to Add Crunch (Not Empty Carbs) To Your Salad
- Chomp into raw crunchy veggies.
- Sprinkle in nuts and seeds.
- FLAVOR TIP: Give nuts and seeds extra flavor by toasting them in the oven for a bit.
- Cut up snappy fruits.
What can you sprinkle on salads?
Top 20 Healthy Salad Toppings
- Chopped Raw Vegetables. A typical salad starts with raw greens, such as lettuce, spinach, kale, mixed greens or arugula.
- Nuts and Seeds.
- Dried Fruit.
- Whole Grains.
- Beans and Legumes.
- Fresh Fruit.
- Baked Tortilla or Pita Chips.
- Shredded Hard Cheeses.
How can I add carbs to my salad?
Here are some carbohydrates to enjoy in your salad:
- Whole grain: quinoa, bulgur, or any whole grain (like leftover pasta from last night’s dinner)
- Roasted sweet potato or regular potato wedges or winter squash (like acorn squash or delicata squash)
- Fresh fruit or dried fruit.
Are there healthy croutons?
Roasted almonds Whether you choose simply salted or one of the wilder flavors out there, like wasabi or honey mustard, almonds are the perfect protein-packed crouton replacement.
What is low carb and crunchy?
Crispy, crunchy low-carb snacks
- Smoky, Cheesy Cookies | Carbs: 2.7g per serving.
- Paleo Candied Hot Roasted Pecan Bits | Carbs: 4.7g per serving.
- Nori Chips | Carbs: 0.1g per serving.
- Almond ‘You Must Be Nuts!’
- Low-Carb Almond Garlic Crackers | Carbs: 3.1g per serving.
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds | Carbs: 3.3g per serving.
What can I put in my salad to make it taste better?
To really up the flavor of your salad, reach for the herbs and spices, which add both flavor and health benefits. “Try adding basil, parsley, chives, thyme, cilantro, mint, or dill,” Scheinfeld says. “Thyme goes well in chicken salads, parsley with grains, and cilantro with avocado and peppers.
What is the healthiest carb to eat?
12 High Carb Foods That Are Incredibly Healthy
- Quinoa. Quinoa is a nutritious seed that has become incredibly popular among health-conscious consumers.
- Sweet potatoes.