What is Viti Levu known for?
Regarded as the “Adventure Capital of Fiji,” activities include zip lining through the rainforest, whitewater rafting and kayaking on the Navua River, surfing, horseback riding, hiking, deep-sea fishing, diving and snorkeling.
Where is Viti Levu Island?
Viti Levu, largest island (4,026 square miles [10,429 square km]) of Fiji, west of the Koro Sea in the South Pacific Ocean.
What to fo in Fiji?
15 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Fiji
- Blue Lagoon Cruise: Mamanuca and Yasawa Islands.
- Cloudbreak, Mamanuca Islands.
- Bouma National Heritage Park, Taveuni Island.
- Denarau Island.
- Beqa Lagoon, Viti Levu.
- Pacific Harbour, Viti Levu.
- Navua River, Viti Levu.
- Garden of the Sleeping Giant and Sabeto Hot Springs, Viti Levu.
Is there a lot to do in Fiji?
Things to do in Fiji
- Kava Ceremony. How a Kava Ceremony Works.
- Raft the Upper Navua River.
- Visit the Oho Caves – Home of the Headhunters.
- Go Ziplining.
- Jet Boat Safari.
- Visit a Traditional Fijian Village.
- Visit a traditional salt factory.
- Island Hop.
Which is bigger Viti Levu or Vanua Levu?
Vanua Levu (pronounce Va-new-ah Lay-vu), with a population of approximately 130,000, is the second largest island of the Fiji archipelago. With an area of 5538 square kilometers, it is slightly larger than half the size of Viti Levu. The island measures 180 kilometers long and has an average width of 33 kilometers.
How long is Viti Levu?
65.87 miViti Levu / Max length
Viti Levu is the largest island in the Republic of Fiji — home to 70% of the population (about 600,000 people) – and is the hub of the entire Fijian archipelago. It measures 146 kilometres (91 mi) long and 106 kilometres (66 mi) wide, and has an area of 10,389 square kilometres (4,011 sq mi).
Is Fiji a cheap place to visit?
Fiji is an expensive country to travel around – even for travelers who are budget-savvy. If you want to island-hop to Fiji’s outer islands, there are typically only a handful of backpacker resorts to stay at per island.